Ever run away from your finances? Put your head in the sand perhaps, and hope it all works itself out? Or do you dive right in and play with the numbers? Is it a game? Do you take your money seriously? Have you tried every trick in the book, but still come up hitting a wall on how to get ahead of your bills?
Everyone has a money story, ones that keep you safe, ones that have you spending more than you’re making, or watching every dime that comes in or goes out, ones that have thinking there’s never enough (even though you may be doing really well financially).
“I can’t afford to…”
“Money makes you evil, greedy, selfish…”
“I don’t want to become THAT person who has money”
“I can never seem to get ahead”
“I could never make any more than I do now”
“There is never enough…money leaves as fast as it comes in”
“I wish money didn’t exist”
“Money will take care itself”
- keep you playing small and afraid to step into something bigger
- prevent you from making necessary investments in your business and yourself
- leave you feeling over-worked and under-paid
- leave you exhausted, burning the candle at both ends just to pay the bills
- lead you to give your power away to others and cause resentment
- lead you to think you have more money than you actually do
- have you ignoring your finances in a big way, potentially leading to financial failure
A money story is the combination of thoughts, beliefs and behaviours that are dictating the way you do money, and they may or may not be in alignment with your core values and priorities. The good news is that you can create whatever money story you want – preferably one that gives you freedom of choices and grows your net worth. The first step to changing your money stories is having awareness of what they are in the first place.
How do you know what your money stories are? Look at where you are spending your time and money…and ask “Who’s is this? Where does it come from? What stories am I running here?”.
Want to change your money story? Attend a money story workshop (there’s one on September 21 in Milton – Re-Set Your Money Story). Or book a session with me.
- Uncover money blocks and discovery how you do money on a spiritual or energetic level;
- Transform your beliefs and actions with money right away;
- Learn practical tools for creating awareness of money patterns so you can change them.
Learn More about the September 21 Re-Set Money Story Workshop (click the workshop title, or type this URL in your browser: http://220.127.116.11/moneystoryworkshop)