Over the last 6 months or so, I’ve heard a lot of women (and some men) in my circle lacking confidence in their fees and the value they give to their clients. This results in “chasing” revenues and profits (or chasing revenues for little to no profits), attracting clients who may not value or respect your time or gifts and likely leading to stress/burnout or giving up on your dreams. You may take what you offer for granted because it comes so easy to you (and therefore you don’t think you should charge much for it).
I find that most of these women (and men) have these things in common:
– they are most often light/energy workers, holistic practitioners, and creatives.
– they have a deep desire to be of service and help others improve their well-being (be it financial, spiritual, physical or emotional).
– they have been judged in the past for shining they’re light, being told they’re “too much” and should tone it down.
– they want people to like them (and therefore “conform” to what other people like/expect).
– they fear that if they raise their prices, people will judge them as greedy or that people won’t be able to afford them and they’ll lose clients or won’t get new clients (and therefore they won’t be able to be of service).
– they have their own insecurities and limiting beliefs about money.
– they think, “who am I to be so bold?”
If you’re one of these people (and you’re not alone, I am one too!), I have this to share with you from Marianne Williamson: (paraphrasing) Your playing small does not serve the world…who are you not to shine, be brilliant, talented, gorgeous, fabulous?
So how DO YOU shine, be brilliant, raise your prices and stand confidently in your fees and the value you provide to others? I’ve created a system for standing in the truth of your value and getting paid what you’re worth (with ease and grace), and would love to share it with you at my workshop on Nov 1st –Confidently Charge What You’re Worth (and Increase Profits) workshop. Time to stop playing small and SHINE!